Wednesday 3 April 2013

Stick pins

For a quite a while now I have been wanting to play around with the "Stick pins" as I have seen so many projects where these have been used and I absolutely love the concept. And with two Birthdays coming up for girlfriends I decided to put aside the Baby Album project and the Lapbook project that is taking up all my time and play around with this. Firstly, I do not have the right "Corsage pins", at least I think that is what the pins are called but I had some head pins in my beads stash so I decided to give that a go and surprisingly it worked as well. I do not think that it looks better than the beautiful pearl or rhinestone pins but for a first try I am extremely happy with the outcome. Now silly me, could not wait to put them on the cards so did not get a opportunity to photograph the pins on their own so I hope that you will be able to see. I must also apologise for the quality in photographs as its very overcast today and not the ideal light for taking photographs.


 This base is cream card stock, the background paper is also cream card stock, that has been dry embossed with Textile texture embossing file and inking up the top flap of the embossing file to create the colour, matted with natural craft and chocolate brown card stock. The Happy birthday flag is also cream with chocolate brown card stock.. The roses are my take on a rolled rose from the Splitcoaststampers website. The ribbon is gold and tied in a double bow, with a double bow mother-of-pearl twine and a rhinestone brad in the middle. A string of pearls and the pearl stick pin complete the card





The second card is a Petal card also from the Splitcoaststampers website using Couture Creations doily die and circle die, cannot remember the name of the die used. The card opens and closes like petals and is held closed with a belly band. I have attached the doily cutout to the belly band. The stick pin, happy birthday flag banner, double tied bow and Prima rose complete the card.

Please come back and visit my blog and I hoe that I am able to inspire somebody else

Happy Scrapping

Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment