Saturday 12 January 2013

25 days to Christmas

Greetings all, This is one of the projects that is on my to-do-list that I never got round to for Christmas this year.

I bought a SVG file from the Lori Whitlock blog  for an Advent calendar/25 day countdown to Christmas and really wanted to make this but did not get to it. I have been playing with the sizes of this file to make it the size I wanted and that has taken the most time. I have to confess that I have glued the boxes shut so that you cannot open them. The reason why I did that is because when putting them together I had a clever thought that turned out to be a really stupid one which resulted in my box's not staying shut. I figured I would use this as an example and remake another one at a later stage but figured I would post the end result anyway!!

Hope you like:


The blue frame is like a box about 2" deep. The outside is 9 1/2" x 9 1/2" and the inside square is 7" x 7".
The little box's inside are 1 1/4" squares and attached together to keep them together and also attached to the back sheet of paper. The snowflakes are cut from white cardstock with silver glitter glue and cream pearls. The three big ones are matted with silver mirror cardstock. The Christmas tree is cut from light blue cardstock also matted with silver mirror cardstock. Decorated with crystal stickles and small cream pearls.
The lettering is Nutmeg American CRaft thickers. The box's are decorated with Christmas paper (brand unknown) and stamped with small snowflakes and embossed with silver embossing powder.

If you want to make this project for yourself go to:  www.loriwhotlock.com/blog/die-cutting and purchase the file from her online shop.

Thank you for looking

No comments:

Post a Comment