Friday 3 May 2013

18th Birthday card

I am very pleased to let you all know that my son, Jonathan, turned 18 in April and I have been making him music themed birthday cards each year for the past 3 years. I did not know what I wanted to do for a card this year but wanted something different and special for his 18th. I was paging through the Splitcoaststampers website and came across a card that grabbed my attention. Its a play on the tri-fold card and although she did not give any measurements on how to make this card I figured I would be able to figure it out.

So this is the my twist on the Tri-fold card:
 Measurements are : 12" x the height of your card, I have used 12" x 6" card base. Measure off 2 inch from the top of the card and then using a craft knife cut on the 2" line from 2" to 10" . Then using a scoring board score the top piece at 2", 4", 6", 8' and 10". This makes 6 2" squares on the top. At the 6" mark score right down to the bottom of the card base to make a center fold for the rest of the card. Then decorate as you please. I have used paper from the Craft Concepts Vintage Grunge collection as it is music notes and piano keys. I have stamped stars and flourishes on the paper and embossed with black embossing powder to give it dimension. I have also used Tim Holtz vintage photo ink to distress the edges of the paper and then matted with cream on a black base.

.


 The 18 is cut out with my Cricut using a gothic style font and also embossed with black embossing powder for effect.
These are two of the same style cards that I have made, the left for my son Jonathan and the right for a mate in Australia.

Hope this inspires somebody - enjoy your weekends and I will be back again next week

See ya

No comments:

Post a Comment